Saturday, November 27, 2010

Grateful Written by John Bucchino

The first time I heard this song, my talented and beautiful daughter Shannon Strodel was singing it. I wish I had a video for the blog, of her version, but until I do, I will offer this nice young lady's YouTube version of it. Such a wonderful song with powerful and meaningful lyrics.




Grateful

I've got a roof over my head. I've got a warm place to sleep.
Some nights I lie awake counting gifts instead of counting sheep.

I've got a heart that can hold love. I've got a mind that can think.
There may be times when I lose the light and let my spirits sink
But I can't stay depressed When I remember how I'm blessed

CHORUS: Grateful, grateful. Truly grateful I am
Grateful, grateful Truly blessed And duly grateful

In a city of strangers I've got a family of friends
No matter what rocks and brambles fill the way
I know that they will stay until the end

I feel a hand holding my hand. It's not a hand you can see
But on the road to the promised land
This hand will shepherd me through delight and despair
Holding tight and always there

CHORUS

It's not that I don't want a lot
Or hope for more, or dream of more
But giving thanks for what I've got
Makes me so much happier than keeping score

In a world that can bring pain I will still take each chance
For I believe that whatever the terrain
Our feet can learn to dance whatever stone life may sling
We can moan or we can sing

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment