Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Pray It Off 6/24/10 Stephen Lonergan Testimony



Cheers: 20 lbs in Session 6




Hello, my name is Stephen Lonergan and you’ll find me at Table 2 each Thursday Night at the Pray it Off meeting. I just received my “Praise The Name of Jesus – 50 Pounds Lost Award” and although I am not to my goal weight yet Ellen asked me to join the blog today to encourage others with my story.

Prior to this last “Pray it Off” Session, which was Session 5 (each session lasts six months), I set a goal of losing 20 lbs and I exceeded that! My body is still thanking me. As Session 6 begins in July, I plan on losing 20 more pounds. My battle cry is “20 in 6”!



I would like to have you join me! We can lose 20 pounds together. For starters eat only 3 meals daily. Use the PIO motto: “eat less, move more, and pray”. Log everything you eat and exercise, attend the meetings each week, or join on-line, then pray and read the Bible.

Refer to your doctor for your allowable calorie daily intake of food. Exercise every day; at least a twenty minute walk. Again check with your doctor to see if that’s okay for you. I lost my 20 pounds in Session 5 by walking every day.
Now vision yourself losing the 20 lbs. Believe that you’ve already done it; what you do, think and say matter to all of us. You are not alone. God and all of us in PIO believe in you, love you and are proud of you for taking action to lose those 20 lbs.

Now you need to decide to lose it, discover how you are going to, and then deliver the 20 lbs loss. I hear an Amen from Table 1 (thanks Bob). Ellen and her husband Bob are our PIO founder and first member (a big thanks and a "love you" shout out).

Focus on fit over fat. Choose fit over fat. Live fit over fat. Use self control, courage. You are not the victim. Jesus has taught us that. Use our PIO prayers and ask Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the saints to guide you.

Please do not just sit there and read this. Now is the time to take action. Start leaning on the Lord. “I call you friend” (John 15:15). Be a friend of Jesus. “I lay it down of my own free will” (John 10:18)

Please join the “fit” journey with me and Ellen and the whole PIO gang – we can travel the road to wellness together.

Cheers to losing 20 lbs in Session 6!!

2 comments:

  1. So well written Steve! You have done a remarkable job especially in session 5. We are very proud of you. Your weight loss is amazing and really shows. You look great. This is truly an inspiration for others to join. As we have heard from Ellen, "if not NOW....WHEN?" I hope many people read your blog and you have helped them to decide that NOW is the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Steve for your inspiring story. Today is Thursday and I was just about to forget this whole thing since I have been on a "oh well" binge and then PIO blogspot came on my computer and I listened to you again. Now what was I thinking about quitting??? Guess I'm back with you all again. Thanks Steve.

    ReplyDelete