Monday, April 12, 2010

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y, Victory, Victory, That's Our Cry

Last Thurday, I asked the Pray It Off group to create a few Positive Affirmations, regarding their weight loss goals, during their small group sessions. We have 9 tables, with 9 members at each one, and each group "brainstormed" and handed in their "good thoughts" to me at the end of the meeting. I wanted to share them with you in today's blog.

I highlighted a few of my favorite ones. Please add a comment citing the ones you like the most.

Victory is assured when we become our own best cheerleader.



1. God Wants Me To
2. “I Can Do All Things Through Christ, Who Strengthens Me”
3. Just Try Again
4. I’m Not Alone, I Can Ask For Help
5. We’re All In This Together
6. No Pain, No Gain
7. Put Your Best Food Forward
8. Try, Try, Try Again
9. Lean Dinner Makes You A Lean Person
10. Self-Control is Self-Love
11. Commitment is Everything
12. Trust in Ellen and You Will Never Fail
13. Think Positive
14. Trust In God
15. Trust In PIO
16. I Can Get Up and Move Around More
17. I Don’t Need To Go To The Fridge Or The Pantry In-Between Meals
18. God Loves Me
19. I Want To Be Healthy
20. God, I Put It In Your Hands
21. I Choose To Make Positive Healthy Choices For Myself
22. I Am Inspired To Exercise Every Day
23. I CAN Lose Weight
24. I Deserve To Take The Time To Take Care of Myself
25. I Have A Good Life
26. Put A Smile Face On Your Food Log When You Have A Good Day
27. Tell Yourself, “I CAN Do This” “And All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me”
28. Tell Yourself, “I Know I Can.”
29. Don’t Give Up
30. Every Day Is A New Beginning
31. Treat Yourself, Occasionally, in Moderation
32. I Will Make It A Habit To Have Ice Water Nearby
33. We Can Do It
34. Buckle Down
35. Exercise A Little More Each Day
36. Do Not Eat After 7 pm Each Day
37. You Can Live Without Sweets
38. Make Time To Exercise – Anywhere
39. Eat When Hungry Only
40. Eat More Protein
41. Keep Health As Your Focus
42. I Choose To Eat Smaller Meals
43. We Choose Not To Give Up
44. I Choose To Move Whenever I Can
45. I am Trying To Take Better Care of Myself
46. Healthier Food Nourishes My Body
47. I Can Move Faster
48. I’m Stronger
49. I’m An Inspiration
50. I Have More Energy Than Before
51. People Tell Me How Good I Look And Say “Hello Skinny”
52. I Feel Better In My Clothes
53. I Went To A Reunion And Knocked Everybody Dead
54. I Am Feeling Thinner And Better
55. I Am Anxious To Do More Big Bike Rides

Photo: http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/oklahoma-state-cheerleaders.jpg

10 comments:

  1. Think I will print this and make it my mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some pretty good ones and when you read them and think about it - how true they can be, if only we follow through and allow God to help us. Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. and..may I ask for a 10th table..a Cyber table for those who live far away and like to attend via the Blog?
    :-)

    I find strength in this which came to mind as I read through that great list of affirmations:
    "I am not a failure;....for With God, ALL Things Are Possible".

    St. Paul.....pray for us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Char - Yes FOLLOW THROUGH is the KEY that unlocks it All!! Amen

    Cyber Friend -
    Oh, I LOVE that idea - Table 10 - send me your initials and I will add you as Cyber Member Number One!! Then when we have 9 people, I will add Table 11. YES, I agree so much - we are NOT FAILURES!! Excellent affirmation. AND I love St. Paul too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First one to sit at table #10.."C"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic, "C"! Welcome Table 10 Member Uno!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome "C"!
    My favorite affirmation is "Just try again" because that is what I need to do.
    God Bless Everyone!
    Kathy D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I'm going to have to take some time and think about #10, Self-control is Self-love. I like that. I know I didn't have it yesterday....it's harder when I know I can't go to PIO. I'm going to write that one down and take it on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 2. “I Can Do All Things Through Christ, Who Strengthens Me” and 10. Self-Control is Self-Love. It is hard to break bad habits that lead us into unhealthiness of all kinds. I learned long ago that to stop doing harmful things means to replace those actions with actions that help me. With Christ, all things are possible, even building that self-control which leads us into new adventures as we leave the "old man" behind. Each of us can make a difference in this world. That is what we all need to keep in mind as we tackle regaining health. No one else can do what God has given us to do. So keep up the good work and don't dwell on failings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to EVERYTHING you said Barb - thanks SO much! Ellen

    ReplyDelete