Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pray it Off 3/28/13 Weight Loss and Stewardship Prayers




Daily Prayers for Your Weight Loss Journey
http://www.cyberrecovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14307

Show Me the Path

Dear God,
I admit that I have come to both love and hate the word "
diet."
On the one hand, it represents hope for change.
On the other, it's like a sign flashing "Failure ahead!"
I don't want to embark on another faulty plan, Lord.
I want to embark on a journey with You
that is led by You and depends on Your power.
I can do nothing on my own!
Show me the path that will enable me to change.
Show me, as only You can,
what works for me, what is healthy for me.
I want to think of this venture in positive terms, Lord--
not that I am signing up to be miserable or in want.
I want to learn to feed my body what it truly needs when it truly needs it.
And to feed my 
soul with the Bread of Life--You!
Today I place my future, my failures, my setbacks,
all of my hopes and plans into Your hands.
There alone will I find meaning
and true success in my life. Amen.

I Praise You for My Body

Dear God,
As You know, some days I wish I looked different than I do.
How good it is to be reminded, Lord,
that You had me--exactly this me--
in mind long before I came to exist!
So today I present myself to You
with a grateful heart.
Help me to be a good steward of my body.
Because You designed it,
I want to celebrate, nurture, and respect it.
By Your power at work in me,
I praise You for every molecule, gene, and freckle! Amen.


Stewardship Prayer
Almighty and ever-faithful Lord,
gratefully acknowledging Your mercy
and humbly admitting our need,
we pledge our trust in You and each other.

Filled with desire,
we respond to Your call for discipleship
by shaping our lives in imitation of Christ.
We profess that the call requires us
to be stewards of Your gifts.
As stewards, we receive Your 
gifts gratefully,
cherish and tend them in a responsible manner,
share them in practice and love with others,
and return them with increase to the Lord.

We pledge to our ongoing formation as stewards
and our responsibility to call others to that same endeavor.
Almighty and ever-faithful God,
it is our fervent 
hope and prayer
that You who have begun this 
good work in us
will bring it to fulfillment in 
Jesus Christ,
our Lord. Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment