Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pray it Off 3/28/13 Prayers and Prayer to St. Marianne Cope





PRAYER FOR THE SICK
Father of goodness and love; hear our prayers for the sick members of our community and for all who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus who healed those who believed. Amen.

A PRAYER FOR CONTROL OF ANGER

 

O Lord, must I fear Your wrath? Retribution is Yours by right! May I never dishonor Your Divinity, My soul seeking to maintain Your love. Shape my being into earnest kindness, A reflection of Your perfection. Grant me the grace of self-control, That I may not display any anger. Should I have such an outburst, Instantly remind me to seek redress, For such is offensive to You. Anger is Yours alone to avenge!

A PRAYER FOR GUIDANCE

 

Lord Jesus, may everything I do begin with You, continue with Your help, and be done under Your guidance. May my sharing in the Mass free me from my sins, and make me worthy of Your healing. May I grow in Your Love and Your service, and become a pleasing offering to You; and with You to Your Father. May the mystery I celebrate help me to reach eternal life with you.


A PRAYER FOR SELF-MOTIVATION

 

Omnipotent God, vitality of life, Your strength supplies my motivation. I am stirred in the path of Your Will. Maintain my self-motivation to always Search, find, examine, will and act Upon the truths placed before me. May I become a driving force for others, Encouraging them to pick up their crosses And follow the virtuous road of life. I thank You for Your continued vigor That coexists in my whole being, My soul, my spirit and by body!

A PRAYER FOR TEMPERANCE

 

Jesus, You practiced temperance; You were the Model of self-restraint, Never over-indulging in the temporal. My body being the Temple of the Lord, I must treat it with ongoing respect. Self-abuse destroys the body; Be it alcohol, drugs, or excess food. Lord Jesus, bestow fortitude upon me For my soul to control my body, To practice the virtue of temperance. Jesus, You are the source of my vigor. Through You, all is possible!

A PRAYER IN TIME OF DISTRESS

 

I shall walk through dark valleys, I fear no harm for you are at my side. Your rod and staff shall give me courage, No evil shall befall me, No weakness in my stride. 
God wills not my foot to slip Or my guardian sleep, He guides me from all evil,
The 
Lord is my guardian; The Lord the shade I keep, By day the sun cannot harm me Or the moon by night. 

For the 
Lord said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled, Have faith in God and also in me. In my Father's house There are many dwelling places. If there were not, Would I have told you That I am going to prepare A place for you?
 
And if I go And prepare a place for you, I 
will come back again And take you to myself, So that where I am You also may be." 
If the 
Lord is with us, Who can be against us?


PRAYER FOR EMPLOYMENT

God, our Father, I turn to you seeking your divine help and guidance as I look for suitable employment. I need your wisdom to guide my footsteps along the right path, and to lead me to find the proper things to say and do in this quest. I wish to use the gifts and talents you have given me, but I need the opportunity to do so with gainful employment.

Do not abandon me, dear Father, in this search, but rather grant me this favor I seek so that I may return to you with praise and thanksgiving for your gracious assistance. Grant this through Christ, our Lord. Amen.


A Guardian Angel Prayer for Friends

 

Guardian Angel, watch over those whose names you can read in my heart.
Guard over them with every care
and make their way easy and their labors fruitful.
Dry their tears if they weep; sanctify their joys;
raise their courage if they weaken;
restore their 
hope if they lose heart,
their health if they be ill,
truth if they err,
repentance if they fail.

Prayer to
St. Marianne Cope
Lord Jesus, you who gave us your commandment of love of God and neighbor, and identified yourself in a special way with the most needy of your people, hear our prayer. Faithful to your teaching, St. Marianne Cope loved and served her neighbor, especially the most desolate outcast, giving herself generously and heroically for those afflicted by leprosy. She alleviated their physical and spiritual sufferings, thus helping them to accept their afflictions with patience. Her care and concern for others manifested the great love you have for us. Through her merits and intercession, grant us the favor which we confidently ask of you so that the people of God, following the inspiration of her life and apostolate, may practice charity towards all according to your word and example. Amen.
Through the intercession of St. Marianne Cope, I ask for the grace of (mention your request).
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be



1 comment:

  1. St Marianne Cope, your feast day aligns with my birthday. Please intercede with Our Most holy Lord for my mom and myself. Let any disease or painful condition be destroyed in Jesus Name.

    ReplyDelete