Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pray it Off 04/01/2011 The PIO Group's Weight Loss Affirmations




Our group in Syracuse NY, meets each Thursday night and we are divided into nine tables. A while back, each table, wrote down ideas for Weight Loss Affirmations.

These are statements
that can be used as mantras to help us as we journey to wellness.

We'd like to share them with you in this blog.


The Pray It Off Group’s
Weight Loss Affirmations



1. I will slow down when I eat.

2. I will pick and choose my battles.

3. I will measure my food portions.

4. I will try new foods, like apple chips.

5. I will strive for five servings of fruits and veggies a day.

6. I will drink more water.

7. I will eliminate soda from my diet.

8. I will either join a gym or walk more.

9. I will watch carefully what I eat and then in time I will wonder why it’s so easy.
Then I will treat myself, every once in a while, once I have maintained my weight loss for
awhile.

10. I will read the Bible and pray more, more than I normally would as I believe it helps in more ways than one.

11. I will be patient. If the going gets rough I will just ask Jesus and his Blessed Mother for help. I know it really works.

12. I will buy a pedometer and use it daily.

13. I will be consistent with my walking and exercise regime.

14. I will stay motivated to change my lifestyle.

15. I will bring in healthy recipes to share with the PIO group.

16. I will email and telephone other PIO members to offer support and brainstorm ideas.

17. I will add ten minutes of exercise to each day.

18. I will plan my meals and prepare the foods when I have time and freeze them when I
can.

19. I will use a smaller plate.

20. I will find a substitute for the foods that are trigger foods for me. For example I will use dijonnaise instead of mayonnaise an apple chips instead of potato chips.

21. I will make the food log a priority and fill it out in detail.

22. I will make copies of the food log and use it to plan my menu for the next week.

23. I will follow-through on my goals to eat less, move more an pray.

24. I will watch my sodium intake.

25. I will cut back on sugar in my diet.

26. I will try new foods and experiment with things I have never eaten before and report back to the group.

27. I will eat smaller meals and have 6-7 of them a day.

28. I will get out my measuring cups, measuring spoons and scale so I watch my portion sizes.

29. I will try to attend every PIO meeting, making myself a priority, for once in my life.

30. I will have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack such as carrot sticks or prunes to ward off overeating at mealtime.

31. I will write how much I am eating on the food log.

32. I will write my calorie intake on the food log.

33. I will write how I feel on the food log.

34. I will read the labels on everything I eat or drink.

35. I will say the Pray it Off prayer several times a day.

36. I will thank God for the fuel to do His work and not look at food like entertainment.

37. I will read books and study how to live a healthier life and share ideas with the group.

38. I will ask for help when I need it – from my family, my friends, my PIO Table or Ellen.

39. I will pray for strength and God’s grace to change.

40. I will share my successes with the PIO group.

41. I will remember self-doubt with the confidence that comes from the resurrected Christ.

42. When I eat out, I will bring half the meal home to eat the next day. I will do this ahead of time by asking the food server to bring it to me, boxed up already.

43. I will not eat after 7 at night.

44. I won’t skip breakfast.

45. I will drink water before every meal.

46. I will experiment with different fish dishes.

47. I will try different vegetables and go to the farmer’s market to get fresh ones whenever I can.

Photo: adweightloss.com

No comments:

Post a Comment