Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pray It Off REST OF 4/22/10 Meeting


Salmon Florentine
http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2009/11/salmon-florentine

You'll be hooked on the scrumptious taste of this meal; plus, it provides a hefty 8 grams of ticker-protective polyunsaturated fats.
From the November 2009 Issue Self Magazine
Serves 4
INGREDIENTS
• 2 packages (10 oz each) frozen spinach, thawed
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 cup minced shallots
• 2 teaspoons minced garlic
• 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
• 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta
• 4 skinless salmon fillets (6 oz each), rinsed and patted dry
• 1 recipe Quinoa Pilaf With Pine Nuts
PREPARATION
1. Heat oven to 350°. Squeeze spinach of all excess liquid. Set aside. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add spinach, tomatoes, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; cook, stirring, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat; let cool about 15 minutes. Add ricotta; stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Pack about 1/2 cup spinach mixture on top of each fillet, matching the shape of the fillet. Place fillets on a rimmed baking sheet or in a glass baking dish; bake until cooked through, 15 minutes. Serve with Quinoa Pilaf With Pine Nuts.
THE SKINNY
334 calories per serving, 14 g fat (3 g saturated), 11 g carbs, 4 g fiber, 43 g protein

FREE TO BE ME - Francesca Battistelli




At fifty-five years of age I'm still looking for a dream
A war's already waged for my destiny
But You've already won the battle
And You've got great plans for me
Though I can’t always see

(Chorus)
‘Cause I got a couple dents in my fender
Got a couple rips in my jeans
Try to fit the pieces together
But perfection is my enemy
On my own I'm so clumsy
But on Your shoulders I can see
I'm free to be me

When I was just a girl I thought I had it figured out
See my life would turn out right, and I'd make it here somehow
But things don't always come that easy
And sometimes I would doubt, oh

(Chorus)

And you’re free to be you

Sometimes I believe that I can do anything
Yet other times I think I've got nothing good to bring
But You look at my heart and You tell me
That I've got all You seek , Oh
And it’s easy to believe
Even though

(Chorus) 2x


We started ACTS this week; please join us. http://www.catholicbiblestudyonline.com/


PIO GROUP PRAYER TIME
April 22, 2010

• Discuss your self-esteem vs. your self-acceptance. Do you accept and love yourself like God does?
• Are you self-critical? Go around the table and each person say one good thing about YOURSELF.
• Do you have self-doubt related to losing weight and KEEPING it off – discuss? How can you remove this doubt?
• Are you nicer to others than you are to yourself? Why?
• Are you committed to a lifetime of personal growth – discuss specifics.
• Do you have arthritis? Discuss how weight loss and exerciser has helped it.
• What do you think of looking into hormones and metabolism? Will you? Can you help the PIO group with what you find?
• What fish did you eat last week? Can you eat three servings of fish next week?
• Say the Hail Mary to Close the Group.

“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others” 1 Peter 4-10

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that salmon looks really good! Now, how can I get my husband to try it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me,A mindset of losing weight and keeping it off is so hard to get around..particularly with a lifetime of lose and re-gain. I become satisfied and complacent and then all barriers are let down.
    I have to overcome this.

    As women, we are caregivers by nature, and thus tend to be nicer to others than we are to ourselves. I am a caregiver of an aging parent who is on Coumadin, a blood thinner and requires a special diet.
    My first glimpse of the above recipe was "Wow! That looks good" and then the immediate thought.."But he can't have spinach because of the vitamin K". Not even considering MY diet and well being!
    I have to think more about that thought this week..that self sacrifice and selfless loving service does not necessarily have to lead to self neglect.

    Fortunately fish is plentiful in this household.
    It was a blessing to find fresh Haddock at $4.99 lb at the market ..!

    ok..just sharing a wee bit from cyber table #10.
    C.

    ReplyDelete