Saturday, March 27, 2010

Palm Sunday



Some days, I awake, or something happens, and I am not Ellen. I am an Ogre. Someone to avoid at all costs. Wallowing in self-pity, crying at every injustice in my life, I spiral into a depression where I feast on feelings of being alone, unloved, unappreciated and betrayed by those who are supposed to love me the most.

In the past, When I felt this way, the Ogre was never satisfied until I moved on to food; where I tried to eat enough to fill-up that knawing hole of need.

I wish I could say that trying to fill myself with Christ has banished the Ogre forever. It hasn't; but it does keep her at bay. Today the Ogre appeared. I was surprised because it's been awhile. She mounted a sneak attack, with fury, but she's gone now, as quickly as she came. These days, when she sprouts her ugly head, I turn to God for help.

Christ rode into Jerusalem on a donkey to a huge cheering crowd. A triumphant entry; a victorious King. But wait a minute; he was riding a donkey. Where was His crown, armor, white horse, beautiful robes; His conquering army? He rode in armed with love and peace and what did the fawning masses do? They crucified Him.

Anything I have lived through, or will ever live through, is nothing compared to the Passion of Christ. He was alone, unloved, unappreciated and betrayed by those who were supposed to love him the most. He, acutely, knows how I feel. Jesus loves me. He always has and He always will, and that is enough to keep an army of Ogre's at bay.

Photos: http://www.iwozhere.com/SRD/images/MM35_PG199.jpg
http://arkansasmatters.com/media/jpg/palm_sunday2009-04-03-1238766429.jpg

2 comments:

  1. My ogre is more of a hermit. Glad to know Im not so alone in my struggles. Thanks, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing Nora and Christine - Love you both! El

    ReplyDelete