Saturday, March 13, 2010

I am Leaving My Husband For Chobani Greek Yogurt



http://www.chobani.com/

I don't like Chobani Greek Yogurt. I love it. I want to marry, and grow old with it. It is the best yogurt I have ever had!! I just finished lunch and had a Chobani All Natural Raspberry Low Fat Greek Yogurt (after my hummus on a 100 calorie pita). The 6 oz cup has fruit on the bottom and 140 calories with 14 grams of protein. It is so creamy; so fruity!

If you go to the Chobani Website you can print out a coupon for buy two, get one free. At Price Chopper they are on sale for .99 cents each. Almost all of the flavors are wonderful except I am not a fan of the pomegranate (the seeds are too big and hard to chew, for me).

Their website has great recipes too. I have to thank Charmaine my good friend and fellow Pray it Off'er for introducing me (at age 55) to the wonder of the Sweet Potato. Chobani has a great potato salad (low calorie/low fat) on their website using their yogurt and sweet potatoes. Here it is reprinted:




Sweet Cho-tato Salad
Serves: 6
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Calories per serving: 120

Ingredients
• 2 large sweet potatoes
• 6 oz Chobani® Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
• 1 Tbsp grainy mustard
• ¼ cup white wine vinegar
• 2 Tbsp brown sugar
• ½ tsp nutmeg, ground
• ¼ cup basil, chopped
• 1 medium red apple, chopped into 1-inch cubes
• 2 sprigs green onion, diced
• ½ cup sweet onion, diced
• Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation
Wash and chop potatoes into 1-inch pieces, leaving skin on. Add potatoes to large pot of boiling water. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes into colander.
Meanwhile, combine Chobani®, mustard, vinegar, sugar, nutmeg, and basil in a large bowl. Add potatoes to Chobani® mixture. Add apple and onions to bowl, and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator until thoroughly chilled. Serve cold.
Nutrition Information:
Calories: 120; Fat: 0.2g; Sat Fat: 0g; Protein:5 g; Carbohydrate: 26g; Fiber: 2.5g; Sodium: 130mg


The company also gives 10% of their profits to charity which is unheard of in these days of corporate greed.

My husband Bob, loves the yogurt so much that he wants to start his own blog so he can title his first entry - "I am Leaving Ellen for Chobani Greek Yogurt".

TRY IT but leave some at Price Chopper for me.

2 comments:

  1. Ellen, I recently went to BJ's and bought a huge package of Chobani on your advice. All I can say is YUM YuM. I had a hard time sharing it with my husband Phil. We both LOVE it. Love You, Linda V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been eating this delicousness for about 3 months. I too like all the flavors. You can get it in a package of 12 @ Bj's wholesale (They take coupons too!) They also sell a 32 0z. container of plain which I use all the time now in recipes instead of sour cream. I made the Cho-tato Salad 2 weeks ago and my family loved it. They didn't even know the main ingredient instead of mayonaise was greek yogurt. So it it passed that test... I know it is fit for guests. I plan on making it for backyard barbeques all summer.

    ReplyDelete